Wednesday, May 30, 2007

it rained today. a lot. it was a veritable downpour. I saw somewhere online that someone said it was "raining small children." hehe.

so I, naturally, got into my pjs when I got home and have been curled under covers ever since reading one of my two new books.

the fam is watching A Good Year, a Russell Crowe movie in which he is a greedy investment banker person who inherits an estate in Provence, a region of Southern France, and wants to sell it, but has a change of heart. It's good and quite funny. and has the "itsy bitsy yellow polka dot bikini" song on it en Francais (in French).

since I feel like I'm super lazy for having one job that doesn't monopolize my time much, I'm going to try to fill that void of time between 5:00-bed by attempting to get a job at Christian Book & Gift in O-Town. they are looking for cashiers, and I can definitely do that job. plus the extra money won't hurt.

the one thing I've been somewhat disappointed in is that I've hardly seen my friends this summer. I take the blame in some cases, but I hate doing all the work sometimes. It's sad that I can feel more connected to some people 1000 miles away than when I'm 10-30 minutes away from them.

I do get to hang out with Leslie again this weekend (it's already been a month since last time!), which will be fun. We're going to First Friday and if it rains, we'll probably end up at the Sleeping at Last show. they are a really good band.

No comments: