Monday, May 19, 2008

Deviating from my reading list...

So! I finished "How We Are Hungry" and now I'm already deviating from the list by reading some of the Chronicles of Narnia series. So far I've gotten through The Horse and His Boy and Prince Caspian. I saw the movie (Prince Caspian) and it made me interested in reading on.

At some point in my childhood, I had listened to the series (I don't remember if I had heard all of the books, or a few) and a few years ago I got the whole series as a gift. Little by little, I've been reading through them again.

I have to say that I love C.S. Lewis' writing. The series is so rich in symbolism and it's cool to think about where characters and situations and everything are ultimately getting at. Even though Lewis said the series wasn't allegorical, it's hard to read without finding parts that sound like you are reading an apologetics book.

I also have a great update--I have a job interview tomorrow. While you may laugh that it's at WalMart, at this point in time I'm over that. I just need something to appease my parents. Pretty much any position offering money and hours will do. I might even be overly ambitious and pick up an internship (unpaid) in KC for the NPR station, working on local radio things. That'd be cool even if it were two days a week.

-Jessica

No comments: