Friday, July 4, 2008

"My fourth quarter pipe dreams are seeming more and more worth fighting for."

I got my rhetoric grade in this week. A-. I about keeled over when I saw that. It means a lot--I made the Dean's List for Spring, then. And my GPA didn't plummet any further. Fall, as I've mentioned, was a blip on my academic record. The work I've put into all my spring courses really paid off. So, if I continue to work hard next semester, I might be able to pull off a higher graduation honors level.

But anyways.

I've been feeling very artsy lately. I want to create something...but then I get frustrated in not knowing what. My old-fashioned camera is beckoning. Perhaps I should go out and take pictures. I miss that, a lot. Hm.

Lately, I've been thinking maybe I'm interested in doing radio journalism. I'm going to audit a class in radio announcing this fall so I can learn an audio editing program.

It's funny, I came to Olivet to specialize in print journalism. More and more I'm wanting to diversify, though! It all started with going into that nonlinear video editing class. Next I'm taking TV news. And now I'm venturing into radio. What can I say...media, in one form or another, is my calling.

It all is appealing, exciting and interesting to me. I love my major and minor and while other majors might interest me too, this definitely has enough variety to keep me occupied. :)

No comments: