Wednesday, April 1, 2009

'Cause it's your life, and it's no one else's, sweetheart. Don't let someone put you in a box.

[Title: Navy Taxi, Kate Nash]

I have a ton of thoughts rattling around in my head, so I feel compelled to return to blogging. At least for now. I'm trying to make sense of my world and I'm an external processor, so here goes.

This semester has been the craziest of my life. If last semester was stressful for academic reasons, this one is for personal reasons. I've cut personal/professional ties through various circumstances with two people who I've highly regarded for reasons I'll not go into.

This is a momentous occasion for me--I've never pissed off two people so much that they'd stop talking with me. It's uncharted territory, and it's confusing, but I'm standing in my decisions that have led to those situations...which makes me realize I have grown a lot as a person this past year.

Then comes the past week. My grandma died last Thursday. I found out last Wednesday that she was back in the hospital (after a month involving the ICU and a nursing home and spotty care there) then I drove out to Danville, Ill. from Olivet to see her/family.

Part of me knew I probably wouldn't make it, but I missed chapel and my Thursday classes, and when I arrived at the hospital I was a half-hour late. After failed attempts to reach my mom through my sister's cell, I called my other grandma's home phone. She broke the news. I called upstairs and readied myself (as much as possible) to see my family...and it was harder than I thought it would be. The grief was still very fresh.

Long story short, I spent the entire weekend leading up to the funeral Monday in Indiana-Illinois limbo.

I think this is enough for this post...but yeah. Just an update. I want to work through my grandma's death a bit here in upcoming posts.

Tout a l'heure.

No comments: