Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm a new soul...

[title: Yael Naim, "New Soul"]

So, I am now a college grad, hurrah!

Next step in life: obtain a job. Not just any old job, a journalism job. It can be done...I'm keeping faith, searching high and low, and interviewing.

The week after I graduated my sister graduated from high school and last week I went to my cousin's graduation.

Now that this month of graduations is over, I can devote my full energy into searching.

I actually have an amazing opportunity next week--a newspaper outside of Orlando is flying me out for a day of interviews. This is really exciting. We'll see how it turns out, but it's looking good. It will be a great way to break into journalism because it's a very solid area of newspaper readers.

One word explains much of that success: retirees.

The only demographic that heavily consumes dead tree journalism still is the main audience of the newspaper/media group.

I would not have anticipated Florida would be on my radar right now, but I'm all for new adventures.

No comments: