Monday, September 17, 2007

here

it's been a long time, but I'm here at Olivet. academically, everything has been really great. except my adv. speech class. yuck...I have to give an impromptu tomorrow and I'm not at all looking forward to it.

the only thing that I really didn't think about much was how different the social atmosphere is from MNU. There it's easy to meet new people because the campus is so much smaller, whereas here, with the extra 3,000 students, people seem like they are less apt to expand their social circles.

I do have a pretty awesome roommate, though, who really has made a lot of effort to get me in with her friends. They all live on my floor, too, so that has been really good. It's hard meeting people for me when there are SO many people here, though.

BUT. I do like how this place feels like a college, and has the whole 'tiger dollars' thing...
and two nearby coffee shops that stay open till 12. that is really awesome.

but anyways. I'm procrastinating right now and should get to my homework.
hm.

g'night.
Jessica

No comments: